Turtleford & District Co-op is hiring a Deli Clerk at our Turtleford Food Store in Turtleford, SK.
We are looking for a courteous, customer-focused Deli Clerk who is committed to providing customers with the best service possible. Deli Clerks will clean and prepare workstations and displays, answer questions and respond to customer requests, and provide information to clients to ensure that they select the products that best fit their needs.
To succeed as a Deli Clerk, you should be polite, prompt, and knowledgeable. Additionally, you should be able to meet the physical demands of the position while providing customers with the best possible experience.
Job Order #: 5777126
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests.
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses.
- Preparing special orders and party trays.
- Updating displays, cases, and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and other regulatory agencies.
- Cooperating with others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Confirming that all displays, products, and services comply with company standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some companies may have a minimum age requirement of 18.
- Deli counter or food preparation experience may be required.
- Ability to lift heavy items, ranging from 25 to 50 lbs, and operate equipment, such as meat and cheese slicers, scales, cash registers, etc.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation.
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints.
Who you are:
- You are looking for a career in Customer Service and:
- You have a Grade 12 or equivalent.
- You’re familiar with supervision an asset
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented, and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected
to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Turtleford and District Co-operative Association Limited
PO BOX 40