We are looking to hire skilled Honey Farm Workers to raise and care for our honeybee colonies. As a Beekeeper, you will be responsible for building and maintaining beehives, inducting wild swarms, collecting honey and royal jelly, removing hive parasites, and maintaining the health of the hive. You may also be required to sterilize or destroy hives and cultivate queen bees for commercial purposes.
To ensure success as a Honey Farm Worker, you should have a passion for beekeeping, the ability to stay calm under pressure, and a desire to work outdoors. Ultimately, a top-class Beekeeper maintains healthy hives and produces high-quality honeybee products.
- Assembling beehives to desired specifications.
- Inserting honeycombs and inducting wild swarms into prepared hives.
- Forcing bees from a hive using a smoke pot to inspect the hive and retrieve honey.
- Collecting honey and royal jelly.
- Destroying excess queen bee cells to prevent the division of a colony.
- Scraping out hive parasites and removing vermin.
- Destroying diseased bee colonies.
- Cultivating queen bees for sale to other Apiarists.
- Arranging the sale of honey to local buyers.
- Splitting colonies.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Degree in Zoology or Animal Science preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Beekeeper.
- Excellent knowledge of plant and animal biology.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Basic woodworking skills.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Job Order #: 5776501
No degree, certificate, or diploma
Experience an asset
How to apply
Sand Hills Honey