The Yellow Thunderbird Lodge – Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services (YTL-YTCCFS) Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic dedicated individual to fill the position of Custodian for the Ochapowace Safe Home. This is a part time term position. The Custodian Worker will be responsible for the cleaning in and around the building, ensuring safety of employees and clients. They will also be responsible to sanitize all areas in accordance to COVID-19, as well as other duties as described below. This position will be based in the Ochapowace Nation.
We are currently seeking reliable and dedicated Custodians to maintain our facilities. We take great pride in the external and internal appearance of our facility and see it as a reflection of our business, so we expect our Custodian to take the same pride in their work. Our ideal candidate is careful and thorough, cleaning and tidying the premises with great care and an eye for detail. We prefer applicants who have some professional custodial experience, but we are willing to train the right person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking out the trash, tidying, rearranging furniture, and wiping surfaces as needed
- Sweeping and mopping of floors, as well as vacuuming carpets
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of all bathroom facilities, including toilets, sinks, showers, and mirrors
- Restock necessary items, such as soap and paper products
- General outdoor services and maintenance, such as watering plants, mowing the lawn, sweeping entry areas, cleaning glass doors at entrances
- Safe and proper use of insecticides to prevent infestation by dangerous pests
- Lockdown facilities at the end of the day, including locking doors, closing windows, and setting the alarm
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Some professional work experience as custodian, janitor, or a similar role a plus
- Working knowledge of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances and how to maintain them
- Understanding of safety protocols such as disposal of chemicals and other hazardous items
- Comfortable with basic landscaping and maintenance tasks
- Detail-oriented and conscientiousness
- Able to work 8 hours on your feet and lift up to 30 lbs
- Flexible schedule
Job Order #: 5777333
Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services Inc.