We are looking for Meat Cutters with exceptional butcher skills to join our butchering team. In this role, you break down beef, pork, poultry, and other meat products into various cuts before weighing out portions to sell. You also help prepare specialty items, such as sausages and cured meats. You must follow all refrigeration safety and manufacturing sanitation guidelines. As a Meat Cutter, you may also provide customers with advice about proper cooking techniques.
Legacy Co-op is hiring Part-Time Meat Cutters on a temporary basis for our Food Store in Kamsack, SK.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.legacyco-op.crs.
Job Order #: 5772447
Duties and Responsibilities
- Break down beef, pork, poultry, or other meat products into various cuts
- Weigh out portions for sale
- Wrap and package products for sale
- Grind meat products for sale as necessary
- Prepare sausages and cured meats
- Properly sanitize all equipment with disinfectant
- Follow all safety guidelines
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred
- Prior meat cutting experience or training strongly preferred
- Knife skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledgeable about various cuts of meat and proper cooking techniques
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
Legacy Co-operative Association Ltd. (Yorkton)
PO BOX 5025 STN MAIN